I had the pleasure of meeting this little cutie and his mom for a quick photo session at my new favorite location just as the fall colors were peaking. He did an awesome job posing for his photos and gave me a lot of great shots! I hope to get to photograph him again in the future!
Going back to some of my missed sessions from this summer. I had the pleasure of taking photos of this family's first daughter 3 years ago, so when they called me to do photos with their newest addition, I was excited to catch up with them. It's always amazing to me to see how quickly my clients' children grow! It seems like it was just a few months ago that I was taking Ava's newborn photos, but she's 3 now and as cute as can be. And her baby sister is quite adorable also!
My sister and her family came out to visit over Halloween. It was the first time all of the cousins have been together in 4 years, so of course we had to take pictures! The girls loved having their cousins around and we can't wait for them to move here so they can play together on a regular basis!
Not only has Cassidy had the benefit of making some great friends during her first year of competitive gymnastics, we have had the pleasure of getting to know some wonderful parents, too. Kris is the mom of one of the Level 5 gymnasts and an awesome photographer, so when it came time to find a photographer for our family photos this year, I was hopeful that Kris would be able to do it. Even better, we decided to trade family sessions this year, so I got to photograph her beautiful family, too! Here are a few shots from their family session.
I enjoyed photographing my neighbor and his beautiful horse, Lucy. Lucy wasn't too pleased with the whole idea, but she made it through and we got some great shots! Hopefully, I'll get another chance to photograph her in the future!
This family photo session was originally scheduled in March, but had to be rescheduled. With all the rain we had this a spring, it took us until late May to finally get the session in. Of course, the original location, one of my favorites, is still closed due to flooding, so we changed it to a location I had never shot at before. On top of not being as familiar with the location, when we finally got together, everything was wet, limiting our options for posing, but their photos still turned out great! So glad it finally worked out! Aren't they a gorgeous family?
Last week, as I was looking through different activities for families in Northern Colorado to get ideas for this summer, I came across one local small business that I thought many of my clients would enjoy, Family Balance Yoga LLC. I decided this was a great reason to bring back the Small Business Spotlight. I am so excited the Robin, the owner and lead instructor of Family Balance Yoga agreed to let me share her business with you!
After having a hard time finding local yoga classes for her daughters, Robin opened Family Balance Yoga one year ago (their official anniversary is just a few days away on June 8th!). The mission of Family Balance Yoga is to bring a yoga practice to the younger members of Norther Colorado and to provide opportunities for families to practice together.
Family Balance Yoga is a local, family business started grassroots style. Most of their instructors are certified children’s yoga teachers, certified yoga instructors for adults, schoolteachers, and moms.! Their customers appreciate that they know kids and yoga so well. They take the time to share tips and tricks for improving children’s sleep, self-soothing, anxiety reduction, self-esteem and more in their classes. Since several of the instructors are teachers as well, they understand how to work with children who have all different abilities and needs, including children who are autistic, have Down Syndrome, or are English language learners. They teach students how to practice yoga, but also how to bring yoga into their everyday lives, Some examples of this include using breathing techniques when taking a test, getting along well with others and how to feel good about oneself.
Family Balance Yoga offers yoga classes for all members of the family to practice together or apart. Classes are offered in Fort Collins in the basement of the Cafe Vino building and in Loveland inside Walk-in Chiropractic. Classes are also available through the Chilson Center in Loveland. This summer's schedule includes classes for adults, children, teens/tweens, adults/youth together, adults/tots together and more! They also offer classes for daycares, scout groups, home school groups, after school/before school programs, birthday parties, and other groups or events.
On top of offering all of these great benefits to the families in our community, Family Balance Yoga will be working with SAFY, a local organization serving at risk youth and families, to provide yoga classes to families in crisis soon!
Don't Miss This Offer! Robin has been generous enough to offer one free class to anyone who mentions this blog post when attending their first class this summer! Classes start June 14th, so check out their website: www.familybalanceyoga.com to find one that works for you! I'll be taking advantage of this offer and trying one out soon, so stay tuned for a report on my experience!
At the beginning of 2015, I decided to change my business model. After thinking through the last few years that I've been in business as a professional photographer in Northern Colorado, what has gone well and what hasn't, what I've liked about my business model and what I haven't, etc., I decided that going full service is what's best for me, my business and my clients. What does "full service" mean? It means that I work closely with you through every step of the process, from booking to product delivery. It means that I take the time to get to know, your needs and wants and ensure that your experience with Three Ladybugs Photography goes beyond your highest expectations every time. Here are a few of the benefits you'll enjoy with this new model:
1. Pre-session consultation. I will take the time to get to know you and your family prior to your portrait session. You have the option of scheduling this in person or on the phone (I prefer in person, it helps me get to know you!). During this consultation, we'll talk about what you hope to get out of your session. We'll spend time talking about what you envision when you think about the family portraits you're hoping for, what emotions or feeling you want them to portray, who will be included, which shots are most important to you and how you plan to display or share them with others (don't worry if you're not sure, I can help with this!). We'll discuss all the products I offer and and what you can expect to spend to get the products you're hoping for so there are no surprises when it's time to order! You'll have time to ask any questions you have about the session, process and products as well as your plans for preparing for the session. We will also discuss location options and schedule your portrait session at this time.
2. Pre-session follow-up (as needed). You don't have to worry about remembering every question you have at the ordering session. As you prepare for your session, you are welcome to call or email me with any questions, concerns or ideas you have and I will respond as quickly as possible to ensure you have all the information you need!
3. Customized portrait session. I will plan your session to ensure it meets the needs and wants you and I discussed in your consultation. I'll guide you through the session, ensuring we get the best possible images as well as a variety of poses/options for you to choose from.
4. Professional Editing. I will choose the best images from your session (the number of images varies depending on the type of session) and edit each one professionally to ensure the highest quality final images possible. Editing includes color and lighting balancing as well as minor blemish correction.
5. Personal Viewing and Ordering Session. About 2 weeks after your portrait session, we'll meet one last time to view your final edited images, review product options and place your order. We'll take the time to identify your favorite images and make a plan for sharing them with others. We'll discuss how different products might fit into your lifestyle and meet your needs and I'll walk you through the decision making and ordering process. You can be confident in leaving your Personal Viewing and Ordering Session that you'll be receiving high quality products that were specifically created for you and that you will cherish for a lifetime.
6. Product Delivery. I deliver all products in person. This gives us a chance to look through the products you ordered, ensure they are correct and that they meet your expectations.
My hope with this new model is that it will enable me to ensure the highest level of satisfaction possible for each client. I also hope that it will allow me to build a relationship with you and give you the confidence to come back to me for all of your portrait needs. I want to be your go-to family photographer and am willing to put in the time and effort to earn that honor!
I have had the pleasure of photographing Sophie a few times a year for more than 3 years now. She is such an adorable little girl and a great big sister. Sophie underwent a series of tests recently and has been diagnosed with severe growth hormone deficiency, which she has now started treatment for. Her mom came up with an idea to document her journey over the next year with a series of photographs showing her growth and I am excited to be the one who gets to capture it for her! These are the first set in the series, taken in March. Look for more photos of Sophie throughout the year as we get to watch her grow!